Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Tweetdeck's Deck.ly Raises 140 Character Limit

Recently Tweetdeck launched Deck.ly which allows users to continue typing over the 140 character limit. This has been a long awaited addition to many, like myself, in the twitter community.

I have such a hard time fitting my tweets into 140 character limit; especially if I have to leave room for a url.

There have been many times that I have had to shorten a tweet to include words like, "workin," or "2" instead of "to" just to fit within the limit. I don't like using slang when I am tweeting professionally and I prefer to use proper grammar!

Sometimes these tweets are a first impression on a potential client or business associate, I always try to put my best foot forward and sometimes that cannot be done in 140 characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment