Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Technology To Make Your Kitchen Smarter!


Technology is great! Especially when it makes my day to day life easier. I get so excited when I find an app that actually makes my life easier when used. I have compiled a few of my favorite technology suggestions that have made life in my kitchen a little more enjoyable!

Apple iPad

Without a doubt, the Apple iPad has been one of the most exciting devices to hit the technology market, not to mention my kitchen. Not only can I browse the web, look at photos, play games, and use my apps, now I can use it in my kitchen!

Think about it, an Ipad can be mounted flush with any wall like a flat screen television. Hanging this in my kitchen allows me to access thousands of recipes, watch tv, be alerted when the oven is preheated and much, much more. All of this can be made possible very easily via an iPad with companies such asCrestron, Control 4, and Savant.



Trufig

I hate sockets and cords with a passion! I have seen many gorgeous kitchens shadowed by ugly power outlets and light switches. So when I found this product, I just knew I had to share it!

Trufig offers flush-mount solutions for stone, wood, and drywall applications to provide virtually invisible outlets, keypads, switches, and more for almost any application.


You can barely see it right, come on... you know you had to look twice! Neat!
Image provided by Trufig

Lighting control

Along with being one of the easiest ways to save energy and having a "green" home, lighting control can transform a room. I once again go to my trusty ipad and some apps to control my lighting.

Do you have an app suggestion? What apps do you use around your house? Leave a comment and I will pick a few to review in upcoming blogs!


No comments:

Post a Comment